The safest choice this holiday is to celebrate at home. If you choose to celebrate in other ways, try lower risk activities that take place outdoors, allow for enough room to maintain physical distancing, and involve fewer people. Below are some extra tips for enjoying the holiday safely:
• Stay home if you’re sick or if you have an underlying medical condition that puts you at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
• If you host a gathering, provide hand sanitizer or give people easy access to places where they can frequently wash their hands.
• Adjust your food offerings to avoid sharing utensils and offer individual servings. Don’t share drinks.
• During and afterward thoroughly clean all frequently touched areas your guests have access to.
• Celebrate outdoors with plenty of physical distancing. Wear a mask if you cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distance.
By knowing and understanding the risk of our actions and activities, we can make informed decisions that not only impact our own health but also protect the health of everyone around us. We hope you have a happy, healthy, and safe 4th of July!